Recipe ideas from Hipsteresque Melbourne

Hello...or should I say... "G'Day Mayte!"

No, hello will suffice.

I'm currently on "holiday" in Australia, visiting family in the glorious city of Melbourne. I say holiday, I mean food binge. I haven't really stopped eating since I arrived here; Local, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Junk. I've eaten Chinese Roast Duck, cooked by a first generation migrant chef from Shang Hai, Korean Fried Chicken (twice...technically three times but who's counting), Tonkotsu Ramen, a Melbourne Burger, SuperNormal roasted flounder, New England-style Lobster rolls... All cuisines have been outstanding so far so they've inspired me to get on with some more recipe development during the hours I'm not eating. If thou shalt not eat, thou shalt cook in thy down time!

So without further ado...

The next few posts will serve as both a document and as a presentation of the food I've eaten and the food I've had a chance to cook whilst I've been here.

Enjoy!

BenY

Comments

Popular Posts